Learn the Health Benefits
of Ginger for a Great
Immune System Boost
The health benefits of ginger as a powerful root vegetable are numerous.
It amazes me how God provides for our health with special plants - one of many in the original diet God gave man (Gen. 1:29). The following information on ginger will give you yet another natural non-toxic herb which will help your body achieve and maintain optimal health. New studies are showing very important health benefits of ginger with various cancer cells and probably many more studies to come.
Ginger and the Immune System
- strong antioxidant
- Antimicrobial (kills bacteria - including salmonella) - internally and topically as an antiseptic
- two natural antibiotics are found in ginger
- contains anti-inflammatory agents
- helps eliminate congestion
- contains zingibain that dissolves parasites and their eggs
- ginger root tea eases some throat pain
- kills cold viruses
- inhibits production of cytokines which cause pain and swelling
- combats chills and fever
- ginger inhibits 5-LO enzymes, the only food for prostate cancer cells , prostate cancer cells die in one to two hours without this enzyme
- gingerol (an extract of ginger) inhibits pancreatic cell growth
- beneficial to prevent constipation-related cancer
- an effective ani-tumor agent in leukemia cells
- an extract of ginger causes lung cancer cell death
- gingerols inhibited the growth of Helicobacter pylori associated with dyspepsia, peptic ulcer disease and the development of gastric and colon cancer
- ginger extract raises significantly the thymus index, spleen index, percentage of phagocytosis, and thus improves the immunologic function relating to tumors
- gingerol inhibits cell adhesion, invasion, motility and activities of breast cancer cell lines
- gingerol induces viability reduction (killed) gastric cancer cells
- a ginger extract causes apoptosis (cell death) of breast carcinoma cells
- ginger inhibits cell growth and modulates angiogenic factor in ovarian cancer cells
- 6-shogaol (component of ginger) induces cell death in colorectal carcinoma cells
- compounds of ginger inhibits proliferation (stops growth) of ovarian cancer cells
- a component of ginger suppresses metastasis (stops the spread) in any type of cancer cell including leukemic, skin, kidney, lung, and pancreatic cancer cells - one of the most exciting and powerful health benefits of ginger!
Ginger and Circulation
- stimulates circulation
- may help prevent heart attacks
- has natural blood thinning properties
- lowers blood cholesterol levels
- cleanses and stimulates blood
- prevents internal blood clots
- may prevent TIA’s (mini strokes)
- therapeutic properties for hypertension
Ginger and Digestion
- cleanses colon
- reduces colon spasms and cramps
- helps clear gas
- relieves indigestion
- excellent for nausea, vomiting and motion sickness
- stimulates production of digestive juices
- helps bowel disorders
Ginger and other Body Systems
- lungs: helps with respiratory problems, eases asthma symptoms
- helps eliminate hot flashes
- relieves headaches
- promotes menstrual regularity
- helps with morning sickness
- helps reduce inflammation of arthritis
- supports kidney health
- topical gingerol provides protection against UVB-induced skin disorders
- reduces the severity of post chemotherapy nausea
Ginger and its Nutrients
- high in potassium
- manganese which builds resistance to disease, protects lining of heart, blood vessels and urinary passages
- silicon which promotes healthy skin, hair, teeth and nails
- helps assimilate calcium
- also contains Vit. A, C, E, B-complex, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, iron, zinc, calcium, beta-carotene
Other Facts and Health Benefits of Ginger
- was listed in U.S. Pharmacopoeia from 1820-1873
- British research has found ginger to be as effective as drugs at relieving nausea after surgery
- Patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis studied at Denmark’s Odense University got relief from pain and swelling after taking ginger daily for three months
- gingerol promotes healing of inflammation and minor burns
- may prevent transient ischemic attacks (TIA’s) know as mini strokes
- Israeli researchers found that standardized ginger extract has dramatic effects on cardiovascular health, lowering cholesterol levels and preventing oxidation of LDL which contributes to cholesterol deposits on artery walls
- Suggested use is 1/3 tsp. ground ginger or 1 tsp. fresh ginger root in food or drink up to three times daily
- Motion Sickness - drink tea or juice mixed with 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger one-half hour before traveling
- Add in juicer to fresh raw fruit or vegetable juice
- Add to smoothies -
See My ‘Ginger Berry Smoothie’ Here in Easy Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Add fresh to Asian stir fry dishes, marinades, fruit salad dressings
- Add ground ginger to breads, cookies, spice cakes, pumpkin pie
Many health benefits of ginger you have read about here are based on clinical studies (google 'ginger cancer', etc. at www.PUBMED.org) and very powerful and impressive for a food. There is no question that ginger has many more special health qualities that we haven’t yet recognized. Enjoy it as one of the power foods God gave us to boost our immune system and support great health!
Just Released! 100 Question Lifestyle Cancer Risk Test
- to help you drastically reduce your cancer risk and may help you find the causes of cancer you already have.
By the Author of 'Health Benefits of Ginger'
Want my Top Tip For Boosting Immune System?
Your Glutathione level in the body is the #1 determining factor of longevity. Primary health benefits are (best) immune booster, detox (even heavy metals), dramatic anti-aging properties and antioxidant. Check out more information on how this Y-Age Glutathione patch raises glutathione levels 300% compared to 10% for supplements.
From 'Health Benefits of Ginger' to 'Immune System Home Page'
Go to 'Graviola Information'
Go to 'Immunity Boosters'
Go to 'Healthy Smoothie Recipes'
Go to 'Easy Healthy Recipes'
Go to 'What Causes Cancer?'
Go to 'Does Your Mattress Contain Cancer Causing Chemicals?'
Go to 'Ondamed Biofeedback'
Go to 'Vitamins to Boost Immune System'