Plant Isolates and Micronutrients:
Learn why plant Isolates and micronutrients make some of the best immune system booster supplements available.
Your Top Immune System Booster Supplements
These should be consumed in small quantities and some only temporarily until an imbalance is corrected.
Once imbalances are corrected, great food sources along with an excellent multiple will insure daily minimum intake of many nutrients.
Any amount of an isolated nutrient over and above what the body can use is a toxin and can often cause problems in your system.
Instead of megadoses, choose the most absorbable and balanced nutrients which are in the whole plant form. Being more bio-available makes them adequate in much smaller amounts.
Most of the following specifically and powerfully target the immune system for rebuilding your health.
Chlorophyll - These immune system booster supplements, promote healing and has carotenes which build white blood cells, helps to achieve alkaline pH, excellent for detoxing (even heavy metals) and purifying the blood, carries oxygen to the cells, special healing properties, transmits the energy from the sun into our bodies, reduces body odor, a great source is juice from alfalfa
Enzymes - These immune system booster supplements remove the covering from mutated, diseased cells and bad bacteria so the immune system can destroy them, speeds up chemical reactions necessary for every body function including healing, reduce pain and inflammation, enzyme protease boosts immune response, fights infection (including yeast), removes carcinogens from cells, prevents free radical damage, extremely important for pancreatic diseases and digestive problems, shrinks tumors, gives allergy relief, found in raw food only - not cooked, supplement when eating cooked or pickled food and for extra cleaning in the body, two most important enzymes for addressing cancer are protease and pancreatic enzymes
B complex - need extra for a high stress lifestyle, affects all aspects of the immune system particularly the functioning of the thymus gland which is vital for boosting immune system, best food source is whole grains, nuts, beans
Zinc - a top mineral to boost immune system, regulates T-cells and helps create enzymes that ‘punch holes’ in cancer cells and viruses, protects against free radical damage, speeds healing, stress depletes zinc and cows milk binds zinc which suppresses immunity, zinc is required to activate vitamin A - a key nutrient to boost immune system, about 15 mg. of these immune system booster supplements daily is needed, too much or too little suppresses immune system, best food sources are pumpkin and sunflower seeds, whole grains, peas and beans
Vitamin D3 - keeps macrophages patrolling throughout the body, best source is from the sun a few minutes each day
Magnesium - deficiencies are extremely common in Americans, relaxes and calms thus reducing the harmful effects of stress, helps restful sleep, gentle colon detox and colon cleaning which moves toxins out of the body, very helpful to lower blood pressure, critical to energy production, deficiency increases cancer cell growth, these immune system booster supplements have many different benefits to boost your immune system, caution with kidney disease, good sources are nuts, grains, green leafy
Coenzyme Q10 - significantly increases immunoglobulin (IgG) which increases immune function, oxygenates the cells causing unfavorable condition for bacteria, viruses and cancer cells, reverses atrophy of the thymus gland, prevents or reverses age related immunosuppression, helps protect the heart from damage caused by chemotherapy and cholesterol lowering drugs, shrinks tumors, supplies the high energy needed for optimal immune function, one of the top nutrients to boost immune system, food sources are dark green vegetables, alfalfa, barley grass, beans, nuts
Melatonin - a hormone manufactured from serotonin will boost immune system and can inhibit (both the initiation and promotion) several types of cancers, particularly hormonally related cancers like breast cancer and prostate cancer. It is reduced by flouride, MSG, aspartate (as in aspartame sweetener), low B12 levels and EMF (electromagnetic field) exposure. It plays a key role as timekeeper of hormone secretion and helps control periods of sleepiness and wakefulness. Release of this hormone is stimulated by darkness and suppressed by light. Sleep in a dark room and only take melatonin at night before sleep. Supplementation should be with sublingual type as directed or smaller doses and short term until inhibitors are corrected.
Vitamin C - increases production of lymphocytes, interferon levels, antibody responses and levels, secretion of thymic hormones and glutathione levels, needed to replace deficits consumed by infection and during increased stress (both physical and mental), reduces cancer cells, protects against pollution, viral and bacterial infections, enhances wound repair, increases life expectancy, antioxidant effect, good food sources are citrus, peppers, tomatoes, kiwi, potatoes
Iodine - a deficiency is associated with increased breast cancer cells and hypothyroidism, enhances capacity of white blood cells to kill pathogens, B6 and selenium needed for proper absorption, helps regulate estrogen levels (which promote cancer cell growth), helps detox heavy metals, improves wound healing, necessary for proper functioning of the thyroid which is vital to boost immune system, best bio-available source is organic sea vegetables (non-plant sources in high amounts and iodide can halt the thyroid’s natural hormone production), food sources are seafoods and sea vegetables
Multiple vitamin/mineral/phytonutrient - an excellent multiple is an easy way to insure you are getting the minimum of most nutrients at once, if you are really low in even one nutrient it can cause serious health problems and will require extra supplementation to bring it back to normal, look for one that has plant source vitamins and plant source minerals (now available in standardized)
Adding as many of these factors as possible will boost immune system but it is just as important, and in some cases more so, to stop the factors that are weakening your immune system.
Click Here to Go to 'Factors That Weaken Immune System'
- Probiotics - have a profound influence on your health, benefits immunity in a number of ways, detoxifies offensive material before they mutate healthy cells, high levels of good bacteria keep out bad bacteria, help stabilize/regulate calcium in the cells, help digest peptides that cause plaque in the brain (symptom of Alzheimer’s), support healthy bowels, combat yeast infections (especially when combined with B6), produce enzymes for vitality and immune system, potency and variations of different bacteria are important, many antagonists destroy good bacteria therefore consume daily immune system booster supplements
- Glyconutrients - at least eight carbohydrate saccharides from plants scientifically proven to boost immune system by increasing killer cells and macrophages, promotes proper cellular communication which helps the body perform the way God intended, especially beneficial for autoimmune symptoms, helps to identify and eliminate foreign invaders, inhibits tumor growth and spread of tumors, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral, not found in adequate amounts or complete combination in our diet for adequate immune function though some super foods like noni contain some of the saccharides in higher than average amounts.
- Selenium - these immune system booster supplements affect all components of the immune system including the development and expression of all white blood cells (especially a natural killer cell which attacks cancer cells and microorganisms), stimulates proper functioning of thymus gland, involved in production of thyroid hormone, increases ability of lymphocytes to kill tumor cells, enhances the expression of interleukin-2, optimal levels offer significant anti-cancer effects, produces a blood protein that fights bacteria and viruses, antagonistic to heavy metals, our soil levels are depleted so be sure it’s in your multiple, and if your immune system is weak supplement with 200 micrograms (selenomethionine) daily - too much or too little suppresses immune system, good food sources are nuts, whole grains, seeds, garlic
- Beta glucan - these immune system booster supplements are a complex polysaccharide that enhances the activities of macrophage causing them to react aggressively against threats foreign to your body, helps in recognition of ‘self’ which prohibits autoimmune symptoms such as inflammation, induces macrophage-mediated destruction in malignant lesions, anti-tumor activity, helps prevent colds, flu and serious infection, speeds healing, food sources are in barley, oats, reishi mushrooms
- Ellagic Acid - produced in the body when ellagitannins are consumed which are found in high concentration in raspberries and pomegranates but now available in immune system booster supplements, tablets and powders, is a phenolic compound proven anti-carcinogen, anti-mutagen and anti-cancer initiator, University of South Carolina has nine years of studies showing it causes G-arrest within 48 hours (inhibiting and stopping mitosis-cancer cell division) and apoptosis (normal cell death) within 72 hours, for breast, pancreas, esophageal, skin, colon and prostate cancer cells, food sources are raspberries and pomegranates
- Glutathione - This master antioxidant is the most important marker for longevity of any of the immune system booster supplements. It releases stored toxins, super charges your immune system, protects you from aging and improves your athletic performance just to name a few benefits. It is produced in the body, by the body. Supplements are very poorly absorbed (accounts for only about a 10% increase in blood levels) but there is a new technology that is proven to increase blood levels by an average of 300% by using a non-transdermal glutathione patch. Fill out the form below for a one-time email containing information on this new technology.
Return from Immune System Booster Supplements to the Tips Page
Return from Immune System Booster Supplements to the Home Page